Do not ask me why I ponder some of the things I do... it is a rare occasion that I even understand it myself! Apparently I either have too much time on my hands or not enough time with other "grown ups". Take your pick. Anyway. I found myself thinking back to the "good ol' days", and laughing to myself about all those little things we thought were soooo cool at the time. So. I ask you:
Do you remember when - - -
1. It was cool to tuck your pants into your socks?
2. We wore those super awesome leggings with the stirrups at the bottoms? (Which, of course, made #1 so much easier!)
3. New Kids on the Block were the hottest thing ever?
4. When we thought ratting ones bangs into unnaturally, ( therefore unattractive) heights was a GOOD idea?
5. Extra long t-shirts - pulled to one side - and knotted? (or, ahem, fashionably looped through one of those amazing plastic things!)
6. We knew NO ONE with a cell phone??!!
7. Glasses were always four times bigger than they really needed to be?
8. Banana clips (in various neon shades) were an acceptable accessory for your hair?
9. Flannels were all the rage.
10. Everyone older than us seemed to have it all figured out...and we couldn't wait to be older and cooler too??
Ahh, yes. If we only knew then what we know now. We'd say:
- - - You look like a dork. And don't be in such a rush to "grow up"!
1 comment:
Amen to that! And in another 10-15 years we will look back on us now and think ... "What were we thinking?" ... which is why I tend to stay below the radar on any kind of trend that might be out there! ha! :) Thanks for the laughs, again! :)
Post a Comment