Monday, February 21, 2011

Rewind...

So, I realized today I have yet to post anything this month. Oh whoops! Here is a little bring-you-up-to-date post from the Saari world.

---Our first ER trip with any of our children finally arrived. Maija got her finger closed in the bathroom door a few weeks ago. Not a fun thing. Her sweet finger was smooshed, black & blue and in definite need of medical attention. So, off to the ER we went. She ended up with only a slight fracture (thankfully!!) and got a huge, protective mitten of gauze and ace bandage to wear for a couple days, followed up by three weeks of buddy taping. Although her finger is not quite back to normal, she is doing much better! She is such a trooper! And seems to have learned a valuable lesson. "Finger in the door." is often sadly stated whenever in or around the bathroom! I am grateful we have been so lucky in the medical emergency department thus far... although spring is just around the corner and Brady has really been itching to test out his new skateboard. *sigh

---We have been attending Caleb's basketball games every Saturday morning for the past 6 or 7 weeks. This year he is on the 'Lakers' aka the purple team. It is always very entertaining to watch! Caleb is doing very well, and has learned quite a lot! This past Saturday he had a whole cheering section composed of Grandmas and Grandpas O. and B. As well as Uncle David, Noah and Brady, Maija and myself. I'm sure he loved all the hooting and hollering, as well as the Grandpas taking pictures while he was trying to shoot free-throws!

---Our Daddy was able to take a trip down to Texas to visit Jim. They lucked out with beautiful weather and were even able to get in a few rounds of golf. Unfortunately the weather in good ol' Minnesota was much less cooperative for the trip back home! He flew into Minneapolis late last night in the middle of a blizzard. Yuck. He has yet to make it all the way home, but at least he is safely tucked in at his Mom's down in Milaca and will make an attempt back to Moorhead tomorrow.

I guess those are the main highlights of the past few weeks. Everything else has just been the daily routine! We are all anxious for winter to come to an end and spring to make its grand return! (thus the new and colorful background and the "oh how we miss warmth"/"summer memory" picture header on the Saari page!!) Maybe then we will be able to get back out and about and do some visiting with everyone we have missed so much lately!

1 comment:

Team Tuttle said...

Can I say that your blog is refreshing! It feels like summer... I smiled when I opened up your new page - LOVE IT!

I'm glad to hear Matt made it home safe and sound - now where are we off to?!?! Some lovely location... I'm certainly not picky! :)