Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Project Cheesecake!

Cheesecake is probably my favorite dessert. I would be really happy (and REALLY fat!) if I could eat it everyday! Last week I decided I would attempt to make one from scratch. This was my very first homemade cheesecake, and I was excited and a little anxious to see just what it would turn out to be! I found an easy recipe for 'White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl'... which sounded perfectly wonderful! So, with rolling pin and springform pan in hand - I was off!





Preparing graham cracker crumbs for the crust!

Here is the lovely filling before swirling in the jam



I substituted blackberry jam for the raspberry.
Isn't it pretty?!!


And here is the finished product.
It wasn't perfect, but it was delicious!
White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake:
Crust
1 1/2 C. graham cracker crumbs
1/4 C. Sugar
1/3 C. butter, melted
Filling
3 pkg. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
3/4 C. sugar
1/3 C. sour cream
3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 pkg. (10-12 oz.) white chocolate chips
1/4 C. seedless raspberry jam
Directions
  • In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto bottom of a greased 9 in. springform pan; set aside.
  • In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream, flour and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in chips. Pour over crust.
  • Melt jam in microwave; stir until smooth. Drop by teaspoonfuls over batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
  • Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 16 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Place in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
  • Bake at 325 for 80-85 minutes or until center is just set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan to serve.

1 comment:

Team Tuttle said...

That seriously look sooo nummy! I might have to tackle that recipe some day! :)