Tuesday, March 13, 2012

when Little is Big...

This is another of my blog post ideas that has been knocking around in my head for a while... "when little is big". Huh. I will, a bit shamefully, admit that I am not always able or willing to just stop and enjoy all the little things in each day. Sometimes we get rushed for time, or we are tired, or we are stressed and our patience gets stretched a bit too thinly, and we sort of miss out on all those littles. If you think about it, most of them truly are the essence of life. The littles are BIG. They deserve our appreciation. So, here is my first (of hopefully many!) list of a few of the little things that really are big in more ways than one.

  • the three "thank you's" we get after dinner every evening
  • Brady never forgetting to seek out a hug before leaving for school
  • Mommy & Maija days
  • being able to put groceries in the cart
  • hearing "I love you", from my husband every day
  • warm breeze on a sunny day
  • bedtime cuddles
  • how excited the kids get when they hear popcorn popping
  • Maija's imaginative conversations when she is playing alone in her room
  • cribbage games with Caleb
  • phone calls from a friend
  • hearing a song that just makes you wanna dance
  • family fun time
  • holding hands
  • first sidewalk chalk drawings of the year

I guess I will make myself stop there...as the list could probably go on indefinitely...

Take a moment or two to remember your littles as often as you can.

No comments: