Friday, January 27, 2012

winter wonderland

As you all know, winter is hardly a favorite season of mine. Cold, snow, ice....yuck, yuck, yuck. However, I do have to say, there are a few things about this frigid time of year that I do enjoy. Like, watching the kids happily play in all the fresh fluffy snow, and building forts and other masterpieces out of the more solid stuff that drifts with the wind. There are also certain days when the morning light brings a glittery display on top of snow and on trees. I love when everything is covered in that beautiful, sparkling frostiness. Wednesday happened to be such a day, and when Maija and I bundled up to go play, I brought my camera along to attempt to capture the magical scene.

Sadly, my lame little camera hardly does any justice to the amazing nature show... All the trees and bushes were covered in perfectly rounded ice droplets. Like millions of tiny diamonds! It was awesome!

1 comment:

Team Tuttle said...

No bad at all for a crappy little camera! They're beautiful! :)