Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Is this really summer?

Our new hydrangeas seem to like the crazy weather!


So. I don't know about you all, but "summer" here in Moorhead has been fairly lame weather-wise! We've had ridiculously chilly temps. I don't believe we hit a temperature above 90 in the entire month of July...and those that may have reached 80 were pretty few and far between. I realize this may seem like something NOT to be complaining about... But come on! We all know that winter will be here in a short amount of time, and I would like to have the opportunity to enjoy a couple of sizzling summer days before it's time to dig out the boots and long johns! I need those toasty memories to get me through the -50 January nights! Where has summer gone? Will it make a final appearance anytime soon?




Ahhh. Well, other than my qualms about the weather...and LACK of summer-e-ness around here, we've been quite a busy little bunch! We hit up a great hotel down in the Elk River/Otsego area. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who is a fan of water parks! The Holiday Inn NW Minneapolis (as it is titled) has a great indoor water park/pool area! There was a fun kiddie pool that had mini slides for the little ones... even Maija got to splash and play! And for us bigger kids, there were three super fun slides, a lazy river, water basketball hoops and more! We had such a blast spending a little quality family time together!











We also had an opportunity for a family golf outing one decent July evening. Yep! Daddy, Caleb and Brady were all swinging clubs, and Mommy and Maija strolled along as the cheering section! It was a lot of fun for Mom to get to watch the boys in action! Maija was not as impressed with all the golf skills that were on display, but she made it through 6 holes without too much complaint!

Quite a trio!




Brady strikes a pose!





The Gunderson crew came out to Moorhead last weekend for a visit! It was so wonderful to spend a couple days hanging out with them! Unfortunately I did not capture many shots while they were here... I got one of Micah and Maija sitting together... The rest of the time the other four goonies were busy playing, watching movies, and telling "stories" at all hours of the night! Thanks Gunderson's for making the long drive to come stay! We had so much fun with all of you! Come back again soon!




Sooo big! And SO darn cute!!!




1 comment:

Team Tuttle said...

1st - that water parks does look like a lot of fun! We may just have to check it out!

2nd - Yes, the weather is down-right 'booing'... I'm not saying I need 90 degree days all summer but at least a few warm ones would be nice! :)

3rd - Golfing looks like a lot of fun... the boys are just too cute and growing up so fast!

And lastly, I love the picture of your hydrangea. They typically don't like warmer weather or hot sun - so yeah, it will definitely thrive in the climate!