I am thankful for my three, beautiful, healthy children. I am thankful for my wonderful, loving husband. I am thankful for our supportive, caring family. I am thankful for our amazing friends.
Today there is so much to be thankful for. Maija's smile. Caleb's determination. Brady's humor. The list continues on and on indefinitely.
When you hear of parents losing a child, it is like a bucket of cold water in the face. It opens your eyes. It wakes you up... Look around and see all the wonderful blessings in your life. Be thankful for them. Hug your children, your spouse, or even just a friend a little bit longer and a little bit tighter next time around...
*Caleb's teacher, Catherine Johnson, and her husband Kip, adopted a newborn baby boy in December. His name was Elijah. Soon after welcoming baby Eli into their family and home, he became very ill. He struggled through several weeks in the hospital. His tiny body suffering through much more than anyone should have to. It was determined that Eli needed a new liver--and was placed on the transplant list. Prayers were answered this past Sunday when a liver became available. Elijah went into surgery on Monday... but didn't make it through...
Even though little Eli's life was much too short, it was overflowing with the love and hope of so many people... even those of us who never got to meet him. His fierce fight to survive, and his new parents' overwhelming journey with him touches my heart. Please keep this family in your thoughts and prayers...
1 comment:
I still have goose bumps... to be given such an amzaing gift and have it taken away at such a early age would be so difficult. It certainly makes you thankful for the health and love of your family that you're given today.
Post a Comment